martedì 29 ottobre 2019

Piccolo intermezzo.

Ripropongo un articolo preso da qui.

Si parla di un noto esponente della cultura ebraica a Berlino nel 1936 e del suo processo farsesco.

Before I get on to the blatant lack of fair process, the first thing I must note was his condition. I was badly shocked by just how much weight my friend has lost, by the speed his hair has receded and by the appearance of premature and vastly accelerated ageing. He has a pronounced limp I have never seen before. Since his arrest he has lost over 15 kg in weight.
But his physical appearance was not as shocking as his mental deterioration. When asked to give his name and date of birth, he struggled visibly over several seconds to recall both. I will come to the important content of his statement at the end of proceedings in due course, but his difficulty in making it was very evident; it was a real struggle for him to articulate the words and focus his train of thought. 

L'articolo completo si trova al link seguente.

[No dai, non si parla di nessun esponente della cultura ebraica a Berlino. Però magari un giorno se ne parlerà negli stessi termini. E sì, penso che ridurre sempre tutto a Hitler e il nazismo sia una tecnica retorica vile che caratterizza l'assenza di argomenti. Ma si sa, talvolta nelle dispute lo scopo non è dimostrare di essere nel giusto, ma vincere la disputa.]

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento